The Birth of a Dragon

Session 5 - Chest Plate Complete

Another month passed, and it was time for my next session. Session 5 was on Thursday, August 25th, 2006 at 3:00pm.

We decided to try and finish up the chest plate this sitting just to get it out of the way. We got started by looking at colors and seeing what would go well together. I told Paul that I didn't want all the scales the same color as I felt that would make the dragon appear too two dimensional. We decided on putting a black stripe down the center of the dragon to make it appear a bit more rounded. The purple that I had originally picked out wasn't going to come off the black very well, so we went with a more reddish purple for the main color. Coming off the edge of each scale was another purplish color, but a bit lighter than the main color. Then we decided on yellow and green for the hair and belly scales, white with a tinge of yellow for the teeth and claws, gray and white for the eyes, and the fire was to be done with orange and red.

After being under the needle for 4 hours and 15 minutes, I had a completed chest plate. I think it turned out great. It really made me even that much more excited to see how the final composition was going to turn out.

The pictures were taken the following morning after I removed the bandages and took a shower.